Dear all,

It's been a while since I have participated in the GEP-ED discussions. Hoping the new semester is treating you well.

I am hoping to teach for the very first time (fingers crossed) a Special Topics in International Relations with a focus on Global/International Environmental Politics this January (undergraduate level). I'm trying to design the syllabus in a way that I cover *most* of the highly relevant topics in GEP/IEP. I am hoping to do a cursory review of several international environmental treaties (Rotterdam, Stockholm, Kyoto and the Copenhagen COP 15 rounds).

The question that has had me pondering for the past few weeks has been whether there are any *key* topics that I should not miss in a course like this. Climate change seems to have become a predominant topics in the GEP literature, yet my own research interests (hazardous waste, toxics, pollutant release inventories, wastewater) drive me to not want to focus solely on climate change.

If you teach a GEP/IEP course, which subject topic would you say is "a must"?

Thanks!
Raul