I would add the environmental security perspective: that some environmental
problems have gotten to the point where they can threaten the security of a
nation, a region, or the entire international system.  Climate change is an
excellent case in point, from the melting Arctic to changed disease vector
ecology to the possibility of increased nuclear proliferation.  In each
instance, whether or not the nation has "redefined" security to include
non-military threats, climate change will affect national security in ways
that national military forces will have to address.

It won't necessarily require a separate module of your course, but you can
point out the security ramifications of some of the larger issues (water,
food, energy, climate) as you go along.

-Beth
Elizabeth L. Chalecki, PhD
Visiting Asst Professor, International Studies Program
Boston College
213 Carney Hall
140 Commonwealth Ave., Chestnut Hill, MA  02467
chalecki [at] bc.edu
elizabeth.chalecki [at] gmail.com