In response to your gerbil with hair missing. Yes, mine will lose some hair when they are stressed. Usually when the cage is too small and crowded. I notice it on dad before I do on mom when they have a large litter and the babies are 6-8 weeks old. I have to move them out and then the hair grows back. Find out what is stressing your gerbils.