>I do not agree with this assessment at all (sorry :( ) but I have housed
>my gerbils in this cage for about 6 months and the look out stays in
>place great.  Both my gerbils sleep in that part of the cage.  The door
>works fine. The water bottle that is sold separately for this cage is a
>4 oz. instead of an 8 oz. and the wheel is very safe.
>
>A couple of things that are negative are:  if you pick up the cage by
>the sides the bottom easily falls off (great for cleaning, bad for
>dumping gerbils) but just carry it by the bottom.
>
>And they do chew on the look out part of the cage.  But they only
>started doing that when the had no TP rolls or wood blocks to chew on.
>
>I love it  ;)

As I said in my assessment, it doesn't last long with a
dedicated gnawer.  I tried the setup with gerbils, and
three different kinds of hamsters, and ended up with
put dwarf campbell hamsters in them.

If yours don't gnaw the place up, then it would work
for your gerbils...but.  I find it easier to keep gerbils
in aquariums as they are less escape proof.

Deb
Rebel's Rodent Ranch