I've got a question.  My little Thumbelina, the runt of my Pepper's last
    litter, still hasn't opened her eyes (she'll be 5 weeks on the 6th).  I
    expected her to be delayed a while, but not this long.  Is there still a
    chance she might open her eyes eventually, or can I pretty much assume
she's
    gonna go through life without being able to see?

Have you tried taking a soft cloth moistened with warm
water and giving her eyes a gentle bath?  It could be
that she had a little discharge glue them shut and can't
get them open.  A minute or so on each, and if they are
going to open you should see signs by then.

If I have a runty pup or one that doesn't have it's eyes
open by day 22 or so, I will give it a gentle eye bath to
make sure there's no physical reason they can't open
them.  As sometimes they do get gummed shut.  At
33 days old, she should have opened them even a
tiny slit by now.  (I've had some that barely opened
theirs to about six weeks, but I could see a glint of
eye if I looked carefully).

Deb
Rebel's Rodent Ranch