On 21/07/2015 18:47, Budgie wrote:
The business about the time stamp reference is because I have a number of radio gip downloads that were messed up due to an error with my set up a couple of years back. As a result these play from start to finish but I cannot fast forward to any point mid programme. Since they are 2 hours long this makes life difficult as I seldom have an uninterrupted 2 hours! My understanding is that time markers are missing but have no idea if this is correct analysis or if it can be rectified. If you have any suggestions they would be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that "mplayer -idx" will sort this for you. Or "mplayer -forceidx" if it still won't play.

Chris