On 16/09/16 20:44, David Cantrell wrote:
On 2016-09-16, 19:16, RS wrote:

I am not convinced by the argument that European copyright licences
would be much more expensive because 38% of the EU population speak
English as an additional language.   People want to watch television in
their mother tongue.  13% of the EU population have English as their
mother tongue, the same as Italian.  For German the figure is 18%.
German broadcasters are very liberal at making their television channels
freely available.  The Italians make SD RA1, RAI2 and RAI3 available
unencrypted.

Have you seen the quality of TV programming in Italian and German? THAT
is why they want English content, and also why their own content is not
worth protecting.

At the risk of being told some people don't want to live in the country as me, exactly what does this have to do with GIP even tangentially ? I thought we were discussing access to BBC content ?

Are we not OT with this ?

I just ask.