On 16/03/2019 16:51, Jim web wrote:

I do have some ancient versions of gip on one machine here. So I'll
experiment. Question of "how old", etc, I guess. From the above I get the
impression you used 2.94.

The last version of get_iplayer to support Flash was v2.99. That does not mean all earlier versions do. It was given a reprieve when there was a problem with the HLS modes. A quick skim of the release notes suggests it was removed in v2.98, restored in v2.99 and finally removed in v3.00.

Also, as was suggested about a week ago, you can try youtube-dl as also suggested in the v2.98 release notes.

Best wishes
Richard