On Sun, 28 Jul 2019 at 12:10, Peter Corlett <ab...@cabal.org.uk> wrote:
> I'm sure the list admin(s) will be delighted to receive your remittance to
> cover the cost of the reconfiguration, testing, extra server load, and ongoing
> maintenance required to improve (but not guarantee!) deliverability to GMail.
> Until then, they'll run the list however they please.

Obviously that is true.  That does not prevent me proposing solutions
to the problem, if indeed it is considered a problem by the admins.
I don't know whether the problems occasionally encountered by gmail
users causes the admins any extra hassle, if so that that would have
to be offset against the effort of making changes.  It may be that the
gmail problems actually cause an increased load due to the bounce
issues, sending notifications to users, dealing with their responses,
I don't know.  This thread has itself increased the load.

As a matter of interest who does pay for the list?  I would gladly
make a contribution to that.

Colin