On Sat, 27 Jul 2019 at 13:03, Roger Bell_West <ro...@firedrake.org> wrote:

> In order to participate reliably in Internet email, you'll need a
> standards-compliant platform - which gmail isn't. It's fine if you
> only ever exchange mail with other walled-garden users, but talking to
> the wider world is a bit more demanding.

This is the only list I use that has this shown this issue.  Strictly
speaking it may not be the fault of the list but we will not get
anywhere by trying to tell Google they are doing it wrong.  Nor is it
valid to say that users of the list cannot use gmail.  The list is for
the use of all get_iplayer users, not just those that do not use
gmail.  Unfortunately the solution is to be pragmatic and change the
list configuration so that it works around Googles failings, as other
lists do.

Colin