Thanks for the pointers.

The examples are great but I did not see a callback being used. I couldn’t see
callbacks for the VHPI in the ghdl source either but they are there for the
vpi. Are there examples of the vpi with callbacks being used ?

I was planning on staying away from the complex data types for now but it is
worthwhile thinking about how difficult that may become, thanks.

For the format I’m interested in having something that is binary, compact and
open. FSDB would be fine if it was open. The formats I’ve seen are LXT, LXT2,
VZT, FST, GHW, VCD, EVCD It would be nice to have one format that works across
all simulators.