On 11/30/2016 07:35 AM, Mark Hampton wrote:
> For the format I’m interested in having something that is binary, compact and
> open. FSDB would be fine if it was open. The formats I’ve seen are LXT, LXT2,
> VZT, FST, GHW, VCD, EVCD It would be nice to have one format that works
> across all simulators.

I've speculated occasionally on this mailing list that HDF5[1] might be
useful as a signal trace file format, but I haven't gotten around to
putting together an evaluation framework.

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierarchical_Data_Format

A [Python interface][2] makes it easy to tinker with the technology.

[2]: http://www.h5py.org/