> On 06 Sep 2016, at 16:41, Michael Natterer <mi...@gimp.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 2016-09-06 at 16:30 +0200, Carmelo DrRaw wrote:
>
> In GIMP git master, you would say
>
> gimp_preview_area_set_color_config (gimp_preview_get_area (preview),
>                                     gimp_get_color_configuration ());

Thanks! However, I assume that the ICC conversion is done in this case using
8-bits precision, right?

I would like to take advantage of the fact that G’MIC handles floating-point
precision, by doing the ICC conversion before the conversion to 8-bits…

> My question was if this is a plug-in against GIMP 2.8 (soon obsolete)
> or against GIMP git master.
>
> I wouldn't bother do add color management to a GIMP 2.8 plug-in
> and I have never tried.

I see… G’MIC is already adapted to high bit depth and 2.9 API, so I think it is
worth adding proper color management.

Regards,
Andrea