> Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 00:03:53 +1100
> From: disposableem...@apps.opensourcelaw.biz
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Save v Export behaviour
>
> I am confident that I would have taken more notice of a warning
(because it would be out of the ordinary) if it: (a) didn't pop up the
false positives; but (b) did pop up an inconsistent format warning.
Apparently this functionality or something like it was in 2.6?

I'm not familiar with the specifics, but that is right, in 2.6 GIMP would
inform you of precisely what (transparency, layers, etc.) could not be output
to a given file format.

For the 'crying wolf' (false positive) scenario one idea I've been thinking is
a user preferences option to suppress that warning for exported images not
attached to an XCF file.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com