> Which prompts me to ask the question if anyone has a wacom graphire usb
> working with gimp/X.  I picked one up a while back, studied the docs,
> but have yet to get this thing to work.
>
> I'd appreciate someone who might just share there xconfig file with me,
> I'm running 4.1 here.  From that point I could compare/contrast the
> changes I've made that still don't work.

I use a Wacom Intuos USB, which uses the same drivers.  A short checklist
of main things to look for is:

* Kernel drivers -- Make sure wacom.o is loaded in the kernel.  The
command "dmesg" should produce lines including something like this:

usb.c: registered new driver wacom
0x21 0x21
input0: Wacom Intuos 6x8 on usb1:2.0
usb.c: wacom driver claimed interface c14eaca0
mouse0: PS/2 mouse device for input0
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
event0: Event device for input0

* XF86 drivers -- Make sure you have the right wacom_drv.o.  You can get
that off of Fredrick Leipied's site at
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~flepied/projects/wacom/.

* XF86 Config -- I'll include mine.  I think Lepied's example works pretty
well, as does the howto on the Linux documentation project.

Another site to recommend is Semyon Sosin's howto at
http://sem.best.vwh.net/linux/wacom/ If you've got a USB Intuos, the XF86
driver at this site fixes some tilt problems in Lepied's XF86 driver.

# File generated by anaconda.

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Anaconda Configured"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "cursor" "SendCoreEvents"
        InputDevice    "stylus" "SendCoreEvents"
        InputDevice    "eraser" "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

Section "Files"

# The location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.

    RgbPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.

    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType"
    FontPath   "unix/:7100"

EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "GLcore"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "dri"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load "fbdevhw"
        Load "pex5"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "pex5"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "xie"
        Load  "wacom"
        Load  "type1"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"

#       Option  "AutoRepeat"    "500 5"

# when using XQUEUE, comment out the above line, and uncomment the
# following line
#       Option  "Protocol"      "Xqueue"

# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#       Option  "Xleds"         "1 2 3"

# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#       Option  "XkbDisable"

# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#       Option  "XkbModel"      "pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#       Option  "XkbModel"      "microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#       Option  "XkbLayout"     "de"
# or:
#       Option  "XkbLayout"     "de"
#       Option  "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#       Option  "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:nocaps"
        Option  "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option  "XkbModel"      "pc101"
        Option  "XkbLayout"     "us"
        Option  "XkbVariant"    ""
        Option  "XkbOptions"    ""
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mouse0"
        # Modified by mouseconfig
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/mouse"
        Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver        "wacom"
  Identifier    "cursor"
  Option        "Device"        "/dev/input/event0"
  Option        "Type"          "cursor"
  Option        "Mode"          "relative"
  Option        "USB"           "on"
  Option        "Speed"         "3.0"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver         "wacom"
  Identifier     "stylus"
  Option         "Device"        "/dev/input/event0"
  Option         "Type"          "stylus"
  Option         "Mode"          "absolute"
  Option         "USB"           "on"
  Option         "Tilt"          "on"
Option         "TiltInvert"    "on"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver        "wacom"
  Identifier    "eraser"
  Option        "Device"        "/dev/input/event0"
  Option        "Type"          "eraser"
  Option        "Mode"          "absolute"
  Option        "USB"           "on"
  Option         "Tilt"          "on"
Option         "TiltInvert"    "on"
EndSection