> I appreciate you sharing your config, I've found some differences and
> made some changes.  Still, I'm receiving the following error:
>
> (EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/event0
>       No such device.

Another good guide is the Wacom-USB Micro Howto.  The section dealing with
creating device files is
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Wacom-USB-mini-HOWTO-4.html

> Similar:
>
> usb.c: registered new driver wacom
> wacom.c: v1.21.2 Vojtech Pavlik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wacom.c: USB Wacom Graphire and Wacom Intuos tablet driver
> input0: Wacom Graphire2 4x5 on usb1:4.0
> usb.c: wacom driver claimed interface ce154900

I think things look good from your kernel.

> But I'm not getting the mouse output.  One note I've still got my ps/2
> mouse functioning, but it was my understanding that both mice should work.

You are right in that X will respond to either the graphics tablet or the
ps/2 mouse.  I should add that I don't have the Wacom mouse.  I only know
my configuration works for the stylus.

When I first got the my tablet, I let Kudzu handle it, and it installed it
as a USB mouse.  This meant I couldn't use my ps/2 mouse, and the tablet
worked without pressure or tilt sensitivity.  If I remember correctly, the
wacom drivers weren't even in place.

> What are the required modules for this thing?  I've got the following:
>
> wacom
> evdev
> input
> usb
> usbcore
> usb-uhci

I think this looks good.  Double check it against the other howtos.