Le 24.03.2004 01:59, Sven Neumann a écrit :
Hi,

John Culleton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

In addition to CMYK the issue of ICC color profiles has been
raised.  Photoshop offers several profiles for e.g., coated
paper, uncoated paper and so on. It is clumsy to develop in
Gimp, and then transfer to Photoshop just for profiling.
What are the prospects of doing something in this area? Is
any of it on the agenda?

GIMP 2.0 comes with a color proof display filter that uses ICC color profiles to simulate a proof on your monitor. Support for such filters is new in 2.0 and for the future it is planned to integrate display filter modules better into the workflow.

I've used the colour proof display filter with profiles I built with an eye one spectrophotometer from GretagMacbeth. This allows be at least to have the right colours on the screen while the photos I get from my digital slr camera. This is one step in the right direction. But only the display is affected: the output is left unmodified.

There is also the need (with digital photography in mind and this is a growing usage of tools like The Gimp) to work in a given colour space (i.e. sRGB or Adobe RBG 1998) and the used colour space should be included in the final picture ready to prints: most of the labs need this information so that you get the picture unmodified. Without the colour space information, most of the time, the colours are shifted and your work is ruined.

Sven