Hi,

"Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> >GIMP 2.0 comes with a color proof display filter that uses ICC color
> >profiles to simulate a proof on your monitor. Support for such filters
> >is new in 2.0 and for the future it is planned to integrate display
> >filter modules better into the workflow.
> >

> I've used the colour proof display filter with profiles I built with an
> eye one spectrophotometer from GretagMacbeth. This allows be at least
> to have the right colours on the screen while the photos I get from my
> digital slr camera. This is one step in the right direction. But only
> the display is affected: the output is left unmodified.

There's also things going into that direction. There are two enhanced
TIFF plug-ins that work with color profiles and we will look to get
this functionality included in the GIMP distribution.

For the more long-term future, support for other colorspaces than RGB
and for more color-depth than 8bit/channel is planned and is actually
already being worked on.

Sven