Le 24.03.2004 14:28, Sven Neumann a écrit :
Hi,

"Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>GIMP 2.0 comes with a color proof display filter that uses ICC color
>profiles to simulate a proof on your monitor. Support for such
filters
>is new in 2.0 and for the future it is planned to integrate display
>filter modules better into the workflow.

I've used the colour proof display filter with profiles I built with
an
eye one spectrophotometer from GretagMacbeth. This allows be at least

to have the right colours on the screen while the photos I get from
my
digital slr camera. This is one step in the right direction. But only

the display is affected: the output is left unmodified.

There's also things going into that direction. There are two enhanced TIFF plug-ins that work with color profiles and we will look to get this functionality included in the GIMP distribution.

For the more long-term future, support for other colorspaces than RGB
and for more color-depth than 8bit/channel is planned and is actually
already being worked on.

Sven

That is good news.
- As my camera support 12bits depth there will be more dynamic range to do the post-processing (together with dcraw from Dave Coffin).
- When I ask for prints to colormailer pro service they ask to have the colour space embedded in the file otherwise the pictures are "interpreted" by the lab and there is some colour shift.

--
Regards
                - Jean-Luc