Zhang Weiwu wrote:

Hello. I have a png logo with alpha channel, it looks good on every browser excepte IE, which rander the alpha channel to a single color.

I wish to set the optional png background color to be #222, the background color of the webpage where the logo is. In this case even IE failed to rander alpha channel the picture is still displayed with a not-very-ugly background.

But how? Is it possible? (I am using GIMP pre-2.0)

If this can't be done with Gimp, you can use TweakPNG:

http://entropymine.com/jason/tweakpng/

This is a Windows app that can be used to set PNG attributes, like the background color. This also runs under "wine" on Linux. :)

Peace...

Tom