On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 12:32:25AM -0800, Tom Williams wrote:
> Zhang Weiwu wrote:
>
> >Hello. I have a png logo with alpha channel, it looks good on every
> >browser excepte IE, which rander the alpha channel to a single color.
> >
> >I wish to set the optional png background color to be #222, the
> >background color of the webpage where the logo is. In this case even
> >IE failed to rander alpha channel the picture is still displayed with
> >a not-very-ugly background.
> >
> >But how? Is it possible? (I am using GIMP pre-2.0)

Erm, last I checked, you have your background color (in the color chooser)
be what you want the PNGs background color to be, then when you save the
PNG, you make sure "Save Background Color" is turned on.

Jeff

Computer Science is as much about computers as astronomy is about telescopes
        -- Edsger Wybe Dijkstra (1930-2002)