On Saturday 03 April 2004 09:32, Steve Stavropoulos wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Apr 2004, Jeffrey Brent McBeth wrote:

> > Erm, last I checked, you have your background color (in the color
> > chooser) be what you want the PNGs background color to be, then
> > when you save the PNG, you make sure "Save Background Color" is
> > turned on.
>
>  You don't have to turn on "Save Background Color", in fact I think
> it is best to turn it off. Either way, IE will show as background
> what your background color (in the color chooser) was when you
> saved your image.

At least one difference the "save the background color"  toggle does,
is, when you uncheck "save colors from transparent pixels", all
transparent pixels are reset to the background color if it is ON or
to Black, if it is off.

I am posting it on this thread because it is an information that would
be hard to find out by trial and error, and it is part of one of my
few (rather few) code contribs. to the GIMP.