Hi,

Simon Budig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Sven Neumann ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > "Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > > 2 - gtk-2.4 file chooser : I've not found the way to enter a filename
> > > from the keyboard but only a graphical, "mouse friendly" menu. Is there
> > > a way to select a file in a classical way ? With the previous versions,
> > > it was easy, even the gtk+ completion was fine.
> >
> > Type Ctrl-L to get an entry with nice TAB completion.
>
> Use File->Open Location. Ctrl-L still is the default shortcut for the
> Layers dialog and I'd be very unhappy if this'd get changed "because some
> people might confuse gimp with a browser"...

You misunderstood me. Ctrl-L typed into the GtkFileChooser opens a
dialog that offers the old Tab-completion functionality to select a
file. File->Open Location is a different thing. It doesn't do
completion on the file-system and it isn't meant to be used for local
files. It's about opening remote files by specifying an URL. And
unfortunately it's also broken in 2.1.0 (fixed in CVS).

Sven