On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Sven Neumann wrote:

> "Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I've anyway a couple of question :
> > 1 - localization : I've not found the way the localization is done (if
> > done) with the new xml menu structure.
>
> There are no translatable strings in the XML files. The XML files
> specify the location of menu entries, not the strings associated with
> them.
>
> > 2 - gtk-2.4 file chooser : I've not found the way to enter a filename
> > from the keyboard but only a graphical, "mouse friendly" menu. Is there
> > a way to select a file in a classical way ? With the previous versions,
> > it was easy, even the gtk+ completion was fine.
>
> Type Ctrl-L to get an entry with nice TAB completion. Yes, I'd like to

(for auto-complete i thought they were getting rid of TAB completion and
using suggest/replace as you type instead, because using TAB messes with
navigating through the widgets in the dialog, but they might not have do
so yet).

> see this entry being part of the file chooser by default but that's
> something that you need to tell the GTK+ developers.

As well as emailing the developers you should look at this enhancement
request.
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_.cgi?id=136541

Sincerely

Alan Horkan