Hi,

Aewyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm not interested in gnome any way,
> I'm not interested in arguing anyone about file
> selectors at appropriate gtk lists.
> I think this is not gnome's businnes, it is gimp's businnes.
> If gnome's fileselector is bad, gimp should not.
> If gnome will be a toy of idiots, gimp should not.

You ignore that GIMP 2.1 is not using a GNOME file selection widget.
What it uses is the new file chooser that is provided by GTK+, the
GIMP toolkit. This new widget solves a lot of problems we had with the
old one. The old file selection dialog has been the cause for numerous
bug reports and user complaints.

Of course not everyone can be satisfied and your mail clearly shows
that you don't have much of a clue, let alone respect. But I think
that most users will like the new dialog after getting used to it. It
took a while for me to get used to it and I first had to create the
bookmarks that I need. But now I usually get to my files quicker than
I used to do. Only sometimes do I use the entry widget that is bound
to Ctrl-L.

Sven