On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 19:42 -0700, Carol Spears wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 01:48:02AM +0200, nuno alexandre wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 15:35 -0700, Carol Spears wrote:
> >
> > > the only drawback is that the gimp will not work well this way without a
> > > little work on your part.  meaning that the directories are not
> > > available until gimp is restarted.
> > >
> > > all of the tools are there to manage your resources however.
> > >
> > > carol
> >
> > Ok, that sounds a lot like Windows and you are scaring me.
> > If you had to restart your car every time you had to make a turn, would
> > that be ok?
> >

> hmm, using new directories of brushes in which you have sorted in a way
> that would meet your needs sounds like restarting your car every time
> you make a turn ....
>
> how to respond to this ....

No, having to restart the program when I need to use other patterns.
Say I have 200 patterns with brick walls, 200 with woods, 200 with sand,
200 with grass,trees, 200 with metals and so on.

all together, and you can draw some nice things, having so many
different materials to apply to surfaces, but take away half of them and
you can only do so much.
when you want to apply other surfaces, you need to restart the
application - and that's what I think its not acceptable.

                        nuno