--- michael chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>It won't.  But some people would like to keep an entire layer's data,
>but only have some of it visible. I've done things like that before.
>*shrugs*

Seems reasonable I guess. But wouldn't it be easier to use if all of
the layer were visible and hide some of it by choosing it?

>Change the image size, I believe.  Also, if you're fitting canvas to
>layer, make sure you have the clipped layer selected (you have more
>than one, yes or no?).

I have only the clipped layer and the "background" layer. Isn't changing
the image size and changing the canvas the same thing? Anyway in all
attempts the clipped layer was selected (since it's the only thing
I've manipulated); the layer had the "walking ants" around it.

Thanks anyway!

Best regards

Peter K