Fun with email.

Hi Carol,

nice to hear from you again.

Just curious, are you a Gimp user, a graphical designer, a programmer,
do you work for gimp.org, or all of the above?

Joe

PS

> > > i would start by seeing if you can get it to compile on windows first.
> > > then ask again for instructions here.
> >
> > No need to do that... Gimp just as easy as mspaint after all. If
> > mspaint is a "paint program", then gimp is too, only better.

> > > you would have to answer this yourself.
> >
> > No, I don't think so... If your Scheme is anything like AutoLisp it
> > can only be used in the application domain, to automate the drawing
> > process, like a macro language. I don't expect I can put new buttons
> > in the tool box. Hm, maybe I can..
> >
> it is not my scheme!  no way.
>
> personally, i don't think scheme should be here.  windows95 and
> windowsNT are basically scheme engines, aren't they?

The Scheme I'm talking about was/is a dialect of Common Lisp, so I
don't know what you mean by "scheme engine".

I read the Gimp documentation online very quickly, and I associated
your Script-Fu dialog with a Lisp interpreter. I must have seen some
example.

Since both Gimp and AutoCad have a lisp interface, and since they are
both graphics programs, I thought maybe the same people worked on the.
They seem to share the same interests. Me, I like Lisp, but non
programmers are usually intimidated by all the parenthesses
((((((())))))) is a valid lisp expression.

> > I was thinking I'd probably need a programming language, like C, and
> > your plug-in interface, to extend gimp, but I still don't know what
> > you consider a plug-in, hm, transformers for other file formats?
> >
> are you looking at information online or at the source code while you
> think about all of this?

Just the documentation.

> > Thanks Carol,
> >
> you are welcome.  it would actually be helpful if you explained what
> steps you took to make that image.  it could/should have been better.

I couldn't even begin to remember what I did, because I made alot of
mistakes. A couple times Gimp seemed to get confused and the move
operations didn't move but copy the figures, so I would quit and
reopen the drawing.

Actually, I'm quite happy with the quality, just a bit surprised the
font came out so small, probably because I was overlooking some
properties. I would pay more attention next time.