On Sunday 18 May 2008, Lap1994 wrote:
> Let make things more simple to understand.
>
> If I draw a %50 opacity white pixel above one black pixel with the
> pencil it becomes silver. But I want the pixel WHITE AND WITH %50
> OF OPACITY. I simply want to change the alpha when I draw and not
> how much the color change.

Let's try a step by step solution so that your chances of mistake are
diminshed:

1) open layers dialog (ctrl + l)
2) right click on layer, select "Add layer mask"
3) on the dialog that apears, choose "White (full opacity)
4) Pick the pencil, black color, choose 50% opacity an start painting
      - you will be cretaing gray colr on the mask, which means your
        image, at the corresponding pixels, will be translucent. That
       will be depicted  by a gaye checkered pattern you will be able
        to notice in the places you are painting
5) Before saving, click on the layer thumbnail on tehlayers dialog, so
that it becomes the active drawable. Otherwhise, you will be saving
only the mask itself
6) Be sure to save he file ina  file format which accepts
translucency - such as .png (don't try .jpg or .gif)

Happy gimping!

        js
        -><-