On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 01:29:18PM +0100, Claus Cyrny wrote:

> > Could you check if this file is a valid zip file?
>
> Sorry, the file got corrupted somehow. I'm using Ubuntu's
> archive manager, and it seems that there's a problem
> with zip files. I now created a tar.gz archive. I'm
> not sure if utlilites such as WinZip support this,
> but currently I have no other option. (I could also
> try .jar, which I never used before).

WinZip does support tar.gz
JAR is just a zip file with some extra metadata
I would be _shocked_ if you couldn't just zip this yourself.  It isn't
hard, if you want maximum compression...

"zip -9r ArchiveName.zip Directory_To_Be_Zipped
Additional_Files_If_Needed"

Jeff

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over
 the man who cannot read them."
 -- Mark Twain