On 10/09/2010 06:36 AM, gerard82 wrote:
> I want to buy a Wacom tablet for use in Gimp.
> I browsed the web and noticed they come in different sizes.
> Is size important and why?
> Also some come with "touch" is it of any use in Gimp?
> Gerard.

Just my 2 cents here.  Someone pointed out to me that if I didn't do
large gestural drawing a 4x6 would do me fine and save me a lot of
money.  They were right.  I've never missed a larger one.  What I'm
envious of is tilt.  My Bamboo Fun doesn't have tilt, and gimp is able
to respond to tilt.  It would make some things more expressive, imagine
tilting your brush and laying more of it on a canvas then straightening
it up during a stroke for example.

Touch could be cool.  Touch is where you don't need the stylus, but (I
am imagining since I don't have it) the precision is less.  Imagine
reaching out to a canvas with your finger and smudging something.  That
would be cool.

You didn't say what kind of system you use.  New Wacom tablets are
supported right away on Mac and Windows, but lag a little bit (could be
a few days to a few months depending) on Linux.  Any other questions
feel free to ask.

Patrick