On 10/11/2010 07:22 AM, gerard82 wrote:
> ... elision by patrick ...
> Thanks for your reply Patrick.
> I'm on Gentoo Linux which forces you to learn the inner workings of Linux.
> I know about the lag of Linux but there's a lot of source code available that
> you can compile yourself.Double fun.
> I am purely an amateur so speed in producing results is no concern.
> Your post has made me doubt what would be best.
> The cheapest Intuos (which I think has tilt) comes at € 220 (6x4 ins).

You might check places like ebay.  Every day people buy tablets and then
end up never using them and selling them practically new for a great
price.  The new Intuos at 6.3" x 3.9" active area sells for $229 US.  It
has +-60 degrees of tilt.  5080 lines per inch (as do all of the Intuos
of any size).  2048 pressure sensitivity levels.  It's pretty good!  On
Amazon, a used one is as low as $149 right now, and a used medium is as
low as $249.  If you'd be happy with the Intuos 3, ebay has a bunch of
new ones really cheap.  Wouldn't it be cool to have a big cintiq?  $1999
US.  There's plans on the web to make your own from recycled parts.
http://www.bongofish.co.uk/wacom/wacom_pt1.html or
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/maximum_pc_builds_a_multitouch_surface_computer

Patrick