Em 26-05-2011 09:06, Christian Johansen escreveu:

    I don't know yet why the SSL enforcing tests are failing yet. I
    was focused on getting the basic database authentication working.
    Now, I'm going to add support for OpenID and Basic HTTP Auth and
    then I'll take a look back at the SSL tests.

Ok, here's why: The ssl_required? filter in application_controller.rb checks if the session is active. It does that by looking at request.session_options[:expire_after]. I suspect that Device does not use these options at all, so whatever Device uses for sessions needs to be plugged into that method. Any ideas for a good replacement?

This is about code intention. What is the intention about the code below?

 def ssl_required?
return false if !GitoriousConfig["use_ssl"] # readable, easy to understand the intention
      return true if request.ssl? # very easy too
!request.session_options[:expire_after].nil? && logged_in? # Completely unclear to me what is the intention for this
 end

When I understand what is this code intention I can come with some suggestion.