Hi Thomas,
Thanks for your quick response. I tried to install Gitorious on Ubuntu
using Oracle VM (on  Windows 7 ) following the article on setting up
Gitorious on Ubuntu from cjohansen.no at
http://cjohansen.no/en/ruby/setting_up_gitorious_on_your_own_server .
While installing the required libraries I am facing issues . Is there
any other guide or build script which could install all the libraries
and gems in a group at one go. Also if there is any other article
apart from the one I mentioned, please provide me the reference.

Thanks
Mahima