On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 8:36 AM, Thomas Kjeldahl Nilsson <
tho...@gitorious.org> wrote:

> if you need to run Gitorious on a windows system you should probably look
> into running it inside a VirtualBox guest VM, using a linux distro where
> you can follow one of the existing scripts or installation descriptions.

I was just about to suggest installing an operating system on the computer,
but installing an operating system into VirtualBox will achieve the same
</troll>

> To my knowledge there is no straightforward way to run Gitorious directly
> on Windows, given the number of Unix components that Gitorious relies on.
> Might be possible to get it up using Cygwin but you are probably on your
> own if you go that route - sorry.

Although Ruby is fairly cross-platform, quite a few of the gems Gitorious
relies upon aren't. The real show-stopper, however, will be the lack of an
SSH server for Windows; without one you won't be able to push your changes.

- Marius, trolly today