On 9/20/04, Global Knowledge Dev. Moderator asked:

> 6. Where do we draw the line between individual rights and freedoms
> (e.g., to use encryption to protect privacy) and government
> responsibility to protect citizens (e.g., outlawing encryption)?

One of the so-called 'developing countries' has begun implementing
Cyber-crime Laws that would in the long run hinder individual liberties.
Nigeria, for example, is proposing government ownership of Encryption
keys.

See an article I wrote some time ago at:
<http://www.nigeriavillagesquare1.com/Articles/femi_oyesanya/2004/05/review-
of-draft-nigerian-cybercrime.html>