"Manuel M. T. Chakravarty" wrote:
> [...] That is quite important as GTK+ requires the programmer to
> directly access GDK for things like using alternative input
> devices (eg, graphic tablets) and using rendering libraries
> like Sven's OpenGL binding.

OK, OK, the discreet hint has been understood... :-)  If the weather
allows it, I'll try to assemble a pre-release HOpenGL this weekend.
It's not complete, but I'd like to get some feedback. Another downside
is that relatively new versions of GHC and Green Card will be needed
to compile it.

Regarding the GTK+/OpenGL-glue: It seems that GtkGLArea is still
actively maintained and more powerful than gtkGL, but I don't have
much experience with either of them. Comments or suggestions are
highly welcome.

> At the moment, I am implementing a C header file parser to
> automatically ensure consistency of enumeration types etc
> between the original GTK+ headers and the Haskell binding. [...]

What's wrong with using Green Card? Its %enum generates the desired
mappings automatically and consistently. AFAIK, this type safety is
something even IDL compilers don't do for you. E.g. I have an OpenGL IDL
lying around here with which it's no problem passing a matrix mode as a
texture name because almost everything is mapped to Int.  :-P
But I'd like to be proved wrong...

Cheers,
   Sven
--
Sven Panne                                        Tel.: +49/89/2178-2235
LMU, Institut fuer Informatik                     FAX : +49/89/2178-2211