Update.  This is so interesting to me.  I got up the nerve and walked
into my Walmart a little after opening time and found two opticians on
duty.  An older man and a young women.  I asked them what they might
charge to match my glasses to my script and to help fit glasses.  The
young women walked away.  I guess it was the male opticians turn to
help a customer.  He told me he would check the script for free.  He
went and checked for a good while came back and said that they didn't
seem quite right.  He mentioned ANSI.....right cyl,  left axis but I
could not get specifics out of him.  Then he asked where the glasses
came from and I told him online.  He basically looked at me with mild
hostility and was not going to help me.  His advice was to go back to
my optician, tell her where I got the glasses, and ask if the script
is a match.  I knew when I saw this man that he would not be quick to
help.  I think he was not wanting to cause any trouble between himself
and my doctor.  So I took his advice.  My doctor's office was closed
this day so I went into the eyeglasses shop next door and found a
helpful man. I told him that I needed to check the script on the new
glasses and he did just that.  YES,  the lenses match the
prescription!!  He was nice enough to answer questions for me.   So I
did get a good pair of progressives from GEG minus a long wait.  The
lenses are different than my old pair.  I had Zeiss before.  The tech
at the shop did not recongnize the markings on my new pair.  He said
different lenses can have an effect on vision especially on
progressives.   I did not ask him to help me fit the glasses as I
sensed I hit my good will limit at the second store and went on my
merry way.

Chuck....if you read through some of the GEG posts you may get the
impression as I did they they are faster than 2 weeks.
Color.....This pair of frames I got is gone off the website too.  The
frames their seem to come and go quickly.

3d

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
Check us out at the oft-updated http://www.glassyeyes.com!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"GlassyEyes" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/glassyeyes?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to