Hi Chris,

Thanks for the email, I am sorry it took me some time to replay. I tried 4.5.4
again, now starting from a 5 ns simulations run using 4.0.7, and again the
simulations had stopped after 1000 LINCS error (I can extend the simulations
using 4.0.7).

I know that gromacs stopped after 1000 LINCS, but this is usually a sign that
something bad is going on in the system.

Cheers,
Itamar

On 18/08/2011, at 12:03 PM, chris.ne...@utoronto.ca wrote:

> OK, here's my last few ideas:
>
> 1. Please try to repeat this with gen_vel set to the same value as your
> temperature coupling
>
> 2. Can you reproduce this in serial?
>
> 3. Can you reproduce this with the sd integrator?
>
> 4. Can you reproduce this with a simpler system? protein in vacuum or just
> water or remove the ions, etc?
>
> 5. Take the output .gro from 4.0.7 that ran fine for X ns and run it under
> 4.5.4. Do you get the same lincs warnings?
>
> 6. Also, note that you are getting warnings and the run does not actually
> crash but just stops after too many warnings. So what are atoms 981 and 982?
> Does their motion look different in an important ways between the 4.0.7 and
> 4.5.4 trajectories?
>
> Chris.

-----
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in
practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut