> Hello,
>
> The best way to understand the system and development process is to build
> it from scratch. I suppose it should include at least two steps:
> 1) build packages and move them to own repository
> 2) build livecd based on own repository
>
> Both steps should involve special tools and should have some guides.
> However I haven't managed to find anything similar on the wiki. Could
> anybody point to?

You're right. Most processes are not documented. But we recently started
the Processes page [1] to try to fill the holes in documentation.

A potential contributor asked recently what is actually involved in
creating a new release of gNewSense. You can find the short answer in the
mailing list [2].

[1] http://www.gnewsense.org/Processes
[2] http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnewsense-dev/2014-01/msg00011.html

--