In a message dated: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:57:55 EDT
Erik Price said:

>But at the point where I say to myself, "I really think that I could
>write this better and more easily if I used an object-oriented
>methodology and designed some class definitions to help me", I would
>turn to Python and not look back.

Not knowing much about OO technique and/or methodology other than
what I've learned from Perl's bastardized attempt to rivet OO onto
the backside of a language never meant for OO programming, I have to
ask, is there a good, general, non-language specific text about OO
design and/or methodology around?

I'd like to understand the concepts and terminology used in OO
programming before delving into something like Java or Python so that
I can take better advantage of the OO features of these languages,
but everything I've seen seems very language specific.

Thanks,
--

Seeya,
Paul