Preface every statement with "IIRC":

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 10:34:55AM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In mucking around with the mii-tools from Donald Becker, I noticed in
> the man page that you can set a fixed speed for your card.  The
> choices given are:
>
>       100baseT4
The "original" 100Mbit.  Used 4 pairs?  Not used anymore, or at least
by anything modern.

>       100baseTx
>       100baseTx-FD
>       100baseTx-HD
What we would consider "standard" 100Mbit.  The Tx has nothing to do
with transmit.

>       10baseT
>         10baseT-FD
>       10baseT-HD
Good 'ol 10BT.

If you think this is confusing, wait till you get to Gig-E over fiber.
Would you like multi-mode or single-mode fiber?  How about at least 3
different kinds of connectors?

-Mark