In a message dated: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:52:48 EDT
Mark Komarinski said:

>What we would consider "standard" 100Mbit.  The Tx has nothing to do
>with transmit.

Ohhhhhh!  Okay, I get it.  So 100Mbit doesn't use 4 pair any more?
Then why they heck are we still spending all that money on 8-strand
cat 5?  Cut the prices in half and waste half the amount resources :)

>If you think this is confusing, wait till you get to Gig-E over fiber.
>Would you like multi-mode or single-mode fiber?  How about at least 3
>different kinds of connectors?

The fiber part actually doesn't bother me, since I've dealt with it
before.  Always go MM, and use the little square connectors (sc) if
you can, they're easier than the screw-n-twist (st) and a lot better
than GBIC :) ( I think I got those correct :)
--

Seeya,
Paul