"Matthew J. Brodeur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>    The important question is what will they call Solaris after SunOS bumps
> to 6.x?

The move from SunOS 4.x to SunOS 5.x was the switch from a BSD system
to a SYSV system. So what fundamental architectural change would justify
a switch from 5.x to 6.x? A new kernel based on Linux, or Mach, or Hurd?
I haven't heard of any such plans from Sun.

IM: [EMAIL PROTECTED] / abreauj@aim / abreauj@yahoo / 28611923@icq
Email [EMAIL PROTECTED] / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9

   Some people say, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
   I often respond, "When elephants fight, it's the grass
   that gets trampled."