Forgive me for being such a clueless Linux user. But it should be easier than this. I want to copy mp3 files from my cdrom to my hard drive, but I can't find the mounted files.

When I insert the cd, it *will* automatically play using KSCD, which is configured to use /dev/cdrom. Somehow KSCD can find the files, but I can't.

If I try to browse to /mnt/cdrom, there is nothing there. I've tried using the shell, and Konqueror. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, or maybe I don't understand how the CD filesystem is mounted. Any help would be appreciated.

If I close KSCD, and then issue the command (as root)
$ mount /dev/cdrom

This is the response:
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
or too many mounted file systems

My /etc/fstab looks like this:
LABEL=/ / ext3 defaults 1 1
LABEL=/boot /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
/dev/hda3 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0

I'm searching the linuxdocs.org site now.