> Isn't one of the points of GPG to validate that the person
> you're talking to is really who they say they are?  GPG
> allows me to do that, by signing my e-mails.  If it's not
> signed, then it's not from me.

I used pgp for a while and I actually found it more of a hassle
explaining to people what the hell that shit was as the bottom of my
email or what this stupid attachment was then actually using pgp.. It
works good for geeks but anybody else just gets confused and thinks
you're sending them a virus or trying to h4xx0r their computer.