mike ledoux wrote:

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 04:05:26PM -0500, Kenny Donahue wrote:

My main questions was why was it trying to load modules when
I built it into the kernel? I looked at modules.conf. that's ok.
I will look in modules.dep after I'm done. One more quick question do I need jbd with ext3? I am not including
it right now.

Yes. ext3 depends on jbd. If you didn't compile in jbd, that explains
why it is looking for the module; if you didn't build the module, that
explains the error.

so..... why is ext3 on by default but jbd off by default? The only why I figured this out was by looking at the modules.dep file. Thanks, Kenny