A few of my favorite things:

1) Software that has not been touched in 8+ years still works.  It may have
wacky requirements (*mutter* 8-bit apps), but it runs and people can use it.
This is like running an app written for Windows 3.1 in Windows 2000.

2) Applications, applications, applications.  There are very few that
exist only for Windows that I would regularly use.  Web, e-mail, IM,
audio, even video editing.

3) Having alterntives.  If a driver in Windows doesn't work, you usually
upgrade or downgrade.  There are rarely alternate versions of the driver
available written by someone else.  My IBM T30 has a built-in wireless
card that dies after about 30 minutes of the built in driver (orinoco_pci),
but there is an alternate driver for the hardware that works like a champ.
The same can be said for a few generations of SCSI cards (use the Linux
native, or BSD-ported IIRC).

-Mark