On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 05:48:06PM -0400, Bill Freeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
        Also, thinking about it later, I'm likely wrong that an inode
was a whole block, even with 512 byte blocks.  More likely is that
original UFS inodes were 64 bytes, with 8 fitting in a 512 byte block.
I'm sorry, I don't have any early sources to check on this.  If I
scrounge in the basement I might find my bound copies of the Unix
Programmers Manual (UPM), which might have a white paper on the
filesystem, but this seems to be too academic to bother.

Close. UFS inodes are 128 bytes, fitting 4 per block.

--
Bob Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>