==================
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 06:19:00 -0500
From: "Colin"@datasquire.net
===================

The return path on each one is different and the IP address they originated from is also different... and even on different networks.

Do any of you have any clue what might be sending these out? It kind of sounds like a probe for an open SMTP relay, but the common forged header mistakes and lack of content lead me to believe there is some kind of automation here that is common to each of these machines. A trojan perhaps?

Brian